Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Redi Ganapati ( Redi Village )

This place is situated at south west to sawantwadi. Some years back this place was known for bauxite and others ores of aluminium but today mining is hampered and it is dominated by Usha Ispat Company.Redi is gifted with Arabian sea to its west and it has got ancient history of Lord Ganesha. Round about 18 years back a local person named Sadashiv Kambli visualised the sclupture of Lord Ganesha in his dreams for this he persuade it for long period and with help of Local workers he dug out the sclupture of Ganesha from sea shore. Today after survey it is now clear that this was made by Panadavas during their rule the sclupture is about 6 feet in height and 4 feets in breadth whole thing was readily found in one single piece

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

Does your site have a contact page? I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd like to
send you an e-mail. I've got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great site and I look forward to seeing it expand over time.

Take a look at my web site; diet that works